Vegan MIllionare's Shortbread


Hello! Happy New Year! Even though we are over halfway through January already! I hope the 2017 has started off well for you, it definitely has for me! I hope to accomplish so much this year! Remember to set short term goals, and take it one day at time!

Today I am here to share with you my first recipe of 2017; vegan millionare's shortbread! A buttery biscuit bottom, sandwiched with a thick layer of creamy caramel, and finally topped with deliciously dark and dreamy chocolate!

Vegan Millionare's Shortbread
Bottom
2 cups flour
1 cup vegan margarine
1 cup sugar
3-4 tbsp plant milk
pinch of sat
Caramel
2 cups dates soaked in boiling water for 5 minutes
2-3 tbsp plant milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp coconut oil melted
Topping
200g dark chocolate
Method:
1. For the biscuit bottom, mix the vegan margarine and sugar together until thick and creamy, add in the flour and plant milk and mix well till you form a soft dough. Press into a tin and bake at 160 degrees C for 20 minutes. Remove and allow to fully cool.
2. For the caramel, drain the dates and place in a food processor/blender with the other ingredients, and pulse until thick and creamy. Spread over the cooled base and fridge for 30 minutes.
3. For the final chocolate topping, simply melted the chocolate and spread over the caramel. Place in the fridge and allow it to completely harden. Slice and serve

This is the best dessert to offer at a family gathering or simply share with friends at a picnic! It's rich, creamy and so so yummy! I have to admit, I've just eaten 2 pieces!

Make sure to let me know if you ever try any of my recipes, I would love to know how it turned out, and any feedback you have!

Check out my instagram page for more daily updates, food and lifestyle, follow me on @earthykim.

Comments