raw vegan snickers bars

Hello lovelies!! Do I have a super delicious recipe to share with ya'll!!
So snickers bars used to be one of my favourites before I was vegan, chocolate and peanuts are the best combo ever! So after over a year and a half of being vegan, I finally decided to get around to making a vegan snickers bar version!
There are so so many recipes out there from other awesome bloggers, and I'm here to share my own! These bars are so damn delicious, honestly I could actually sit here and eat the half the batch in one go! These are raw vegan, gluten free, and refined sugar free!
I'm definitely not a pro when it comes to raw desserts, so I was very happy and impressed when these turned out so good!

Raw vegan Snickers
Ingredients
Base
1 cup raw cashews soaked in water overnight
1/3 cup coconut cream or full fat coconut milk
1/4 melted coconut oil
2-3 tbsp maple syrup
2/3 cup almond meal/flour
Caramel
2 cups dates soaked in boiling water for 5 mins
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup coconut cream/milk
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 cup chopped roasted peanuts
Chocolate
300g vegan chocolate (I used Green & Blacks Organic 85% dark chocolate)
Method:
1) For the base put all the ingredients except the almond flour into a blender and blend until smooth- add more cream if the mixture is very thick. Add the almond flour and blend until smooth- the mixture does have to be thick, not runny!
2) Pour base into a parchment lined tin and freeze for 2 hours/
Caramel layer with peanuts
3) To make the caramel, place all the ingredients except the peanuts into a blender and blend till smooth and creamy. Add half the caramel to the base and spread evenly, top with half of the roasted peanuts, repeat with the other half of the caramel and nuts.
4) Place the tin in the freezer for another 2-3 hours or until firm.
5) After the base and caramel has set, remove and cut into squares or long bars, whatever you prefer.
6) Melt the vegan dark chocolate, and take each chunk and coat in the chocolate- I didn't have enough chocolate to coat all the bars so only covered the top!
7) Allow to sit in the fridge to harden!

Done! These are honestly so simple and easy, and so worth it!
I recommend storing the bars in a container in the freezer, as they tend to go very soft in the fridge. When serving allow to defrost for 5 or so minutes!

I don't have many raw desserts on my blog, but I'm def keen on trying new stuff, so in the meantime, for another dessert idea  be sure to check out my recipe for Salted Caramel Chocolate Cheesecake!
 
I didn't have enough chocolate to coat the bars, it would turn out better if the whole bar was coated!



If you make this recipe or any of my recipes please be sure to let me know, I would love any feedback!
Instagram- @earthykim

Comments